Associate Director for the Washington State 4-H Youth Development Program
The WSU Extension Youth and Families Program Unit is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to serve as the Associate Director for the Washington State 4H Youth Development Program. The successful individual will provide dynamic and visionary leadership in delivering high quality, research-based, positive youth development educational programs. The Associate Director is responsible for fostering strong and collaborative working relationships with governmental personnel, WSU administrators, the Youth and Family Program Unit Director, and faculty, staff, volunteers and youth with the common goal of preparing youth to reach their full potential. While providing statewide leadership and coordination for the planning, development, implementation, management, delivery, reporting, and evaluation of the program, the Associate Director must be able to work irregular hours and travel, when necessary, to support county and campus faculty and staff; participate in collaborative work on committees and with partner organizations; and attend, present and represent WSU at national meetings and conferences. Administrative duties include the supervision of faculty; acquiring funds for the program; preparing and managing budgets; ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and terms and conditions of program grants and contracts; and reporting outcomes of the program.
- Earned Master’s degree in social sciences, human development, youth development, guidance and counseling, leadership development, volunteerism, education, or an appropriate field of study at the time of application.
- Six years of related experience to the mission of Extension and/or positive youth development.
- Experience in leadership; conflict resolution; group facilitation; and the development, delivery, and evaluation of youth development programs.
- Experience in budgeting, financial planning, personnel management, strategic planning and critical decision-making.
- D. in social sciences, human development, youth development, guidance and counseling, leadership development, volunteerism, education, or closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in scholarship that disseminates innovative approaches and methods in measurable program impacts.
- Demonstrated record of extramural fund development, including the ability to write successful grant proposals; and recognize, understand, develop, and facilitate opportunities that broker resources for program needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively through written, verbal, and technology communication skills when relating to a variety of audiences, such as elected officials, staff, volunteers, media, and agency administrators/representatives.
- Demonstrated success working with youth and/or families from varying socioeconomic and ethnic groups, and a commitment to expanding and fostering diversity in program reach for positive youth development.
- Experience leading and motivating geographically dispersed, successful interdisciplinary and/or multi-agency teams in the development, delivery, and management of positive youth development programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Land Grant University system; Extension philosophy and mission; 4-H youth development issues, delivery methods, adult learning theory, experiential education, and the latest applicable research; as well as a vision of future Extension needs and the ability to communicate on these matters.
Screening of applications will begin May 5, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. To apply visit: https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/30939
Submit the Following:
- Cover letter describing your vision for leading the WSU Extension 4-H Youth Development Program, and how your experience meets the responsibilities and qualifications for the position;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Scanned copy of college transcripts; and
- Three professional letters of recommendation that address your qualifications relative to this position.
For Questions About the Position Contact:
Janet Schmidt, 509.397.6290, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on WSU Extension 4-H, visit: http://extension.wsu.edu/4h/
For more information on the WSU Tenure and Promotion process, go to: http://cahnrs.wsu.edu/fs/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/06/Tenure-and-Promotion-Criteria-for-Ext-Prog-Unit-Faculty-Revision-FINAL.pdf