2017 Class has concluded
REGISTRATION for summer 2018 will open January 15, 2018
NEW: Reduced Registration Fee for 2017
- Overcome Fears about second-language learning
- Develop vocabulary appropriate to your work environment.
- Earn up to 150 Clock hours or 15 CEU’s from WSU
- Information below on state requirements for Clock Hours.
- Practice using the language in a supportive, friendly environment.
- Hear and listen to native speakers representing a range of dialects.
- Read authentic materials such as short stories, newspaper articles, Internet articles and magazines.
- Write letters and other correspondence materials for parents/caretakers.
- Write original creative pieces including poetry, children’s stories and short essays.
- Expand your awareness of the Spanish-speaking community.
- Create materials that will be useful in your work or for personal use.
- 2017 Class Photos (opens a link in Dropbox)
- 2016 Class Photos (opens a link in DropBox)
- 2015 Class Photos (opens a link in Dropbox)
- Photos from 2014 Class (opens a link in DropBox)
- Photos from 2013 Class
Classes are held in Wenatchee, WA on the Campus of Wenatchee Valley College
Who Should Attend The Full Immersion Spanish Institute?
ANYONE WANTING TO LEARN OR SHARPEN THEIR SPANISH SKILLS AND BETTER UNDERSTAND THE CULTURE:
|K-12 INSTRUCTORS & COUNSELORS||PARA-PROFESSIONALS|
|COMMUNITY COLLEGE FACULTY and STAFF||YOUTH GROUP LEADERS|
|HR ADMINISTRATORS and STAFF||POLICE OFFICERS|
|EDUCATION ADMINISTRATORS||GOVERNMENT AGENCY and PUBLIC SERVICE STAFF|
|ESL / BILINGUAL INSTRUCTORS||CITY / COUNTY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES|
Please follow instructions for either A) or B) below.
A) Complete the Registration Form (You may be asked to “Enable some active content” – choose “Enable”) then print and mail with your payment or agency Purchase Order number to: 2017 FISI, 400 Washington Street, Wenatchee, WA 98801. Mail completed registration form plus a check for registration Deposit ($350), or for complete registration payment ($1,000).
B) Pay with Credit/Debit Card (2.5% fee added; $2 minimum) or E-Check ($2 flat fee added):
Complete the Registration Form (You may be asked to “Enable some active content” – choose “Enable”) and email to Ray Faini or snail mail to: 2017 FISI, 400 Washington Street, Wenatchee, WA 98801. Then click on link below to enter payment information.
Click HERE to make your payment online. (You will leave WSU Extension site and be redirected to our SECURE payment site.)
For assistance with housing or other questions, email to Ray Faini or phone 509-667-6540.
Teachers have to earn 150 clock hours every 5 years to keep their certificate up to date. Teachers can use clock hours, quarter credits or semester credits to re-up their certificate every 5 years or use any combination of these three as long as it equals 150 clock hours. Their school district HR person knows how to convert the credits & clock hours so they can make sure the teacher has the right number of hours.
45 clock hours = 1 semester credit, and vice versa. However, the clock hours are never converted to credits; they will always be clock hours. The Full Immersion Spanish Institute summer program offers 150 clock hours. 150 clock hours = 3.33 semester credits, but they will not receive credits, they will receive clock hours. After the program is completed teachers will submit a form claiming their clock hours and send a fee to the clock hour registrar and he/she will record the hours in a database, sign and then send the clock hour form back to the teacher. Teachers will then turn that clock hour form into their district where the hours will be recorded. (Return to Top)
Continuing Education Units (CEU) may be offered for noncredit programs offered through Washington State University. CEUs are available only through the Division of Center for Distance & Professional Education (CDPE). One CEU represents ten contact hours (60 minutes per hour) of participation in an organized, noncredit continuing education experience with qualified instruction under WSU sponsorship and direction.
Once a class has been approved for a certain number of CEU’s, a class participant may not be awarded more than, or less than, the determined amount. If the student does not complete the requested number of approved hours, they have not satisfactorily completed the class and no CEU will be awarded. (Return to Top)