Farming in Clallam County
WSU Clallam County Extension is proud to support Clallam farmers and local food business enterprises through a variety of programs.
- Clallam County Auditor’s Office
- Oversees Open Space and Agricultural Land designation and can provide information on county tax incentives for active farmland.
- Clallam Department of Community Development
- Helpful information regarding permitting and zoning questions.
- Clallam County Environmental Health Department
- Provides answers to questions about permitting requirements for selling farm products in Clallam County.
- Clallam Conservation District
- Clallam Conservation District provides information and technical and financial assistance to help you achieve your land use objectives in an environmentally sustainable manner. Assistance is provided at no cost.
- North Olympic Land Trust
- Programs to assist with farmland and forestland preservation
- Olympic Orchard Society
- Resources for fruit growers
State and Federal Agricultural Resources
- Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Answers to questions for permitting requirements for processing and selling farm products
- Handbook for Small and Direct Marketing Farms (“The Green Book”)
- US Department of Agriculture:
- North Olympic Food & Farm Guide
- The North Olympic Food & Farm Guide was released summer 2014. This comprehensive guide represents over 130 farms and businesses that support local food efforts in Clallam and Jefferson counties.
- Washington Farm Finder
- Small Farms Program Washington & Oregon farm directory.
- A comprehensive on-line clearinghouse and searchable database for Extension publications around the country.
- WSU Extension Publications
- A comprehensive on-line clearinghouse and searchable database for WSU Extension publications in Washington State.