Navigating Difference published in Journal of Extension
To read the article see additional information below
- When: May 9-11, 2017 | 9am-4pm each day
- Where: Talaris Conference Center, Seattle, WA http://www.talarisconferencecenter.com/
- Cost: WSU $250 | Non-WSU $375
- Registration: Opens March 8, 2017
- Details: Registration fees cover all materials, 18 hours of training, 3 morning breaks and 3 lunches
- Trainers: Mary Katherine Deen, Merrianneeta Nesbitt, Louise Parker, WSU Navigating Difference Trainers.
The training is based on the WSUE Cultural Competencies and is designed using key adult education theory and practice that create a safe and welcoming environment for all learners. The learning activities respect and support individual learning styles, and the participants’ life experiences are viewed as an important source of knowledge. The intent of the program is to gain knowledge and skills that can be used when engaging in a new situation/culture, rather than focusing on specific cultural knowledge.
For more details about the Navigating Difference Training format and evaluation, refer to :
- Navigating Difference published in Journal of Extension (link)
- National 4-H Program of Distinction (pdf)
- Overview: Navigating Difference Cultural Competence Training Overview (pdf)
- Poster: WSU Extension’s Navigating Difference Cultural Competence Training: Increasing Our Skills to Increase Our Reach Cultural Compencies Poster (pdf)