Train the Trainer Retreat (T3)
for Navigating Difference:
Cultural Competency Training For Outreach Professionals
The Train the Trainer (T3) retreat is designed for outreach professionals who wish to conduct the Navigating Difference training in their own communities or states. All potential trainers must have completed the full Navigating Difference training before attending the Train the Trainer Retreat. (For next Navigating Difference training please see: http://extension.wsu.edu/diversity/navigating-difference-training/
Registration Fee: TBD
Cost includes: 20 plus hours of training, Navigating Difference training manual, Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory and Facilitator Guide, Textbook: The Art of Diversity Training, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 6 beverage breaks.
- Assess and focus on areas of competence and effectiveness as a diversity trainer.
- Become grounded in the theoretical models that are the foundation of the cultural competencies.
- Practice conducting and debriefing activities in the Navigating Difference
- Understand and agree to WSUE Navigating Difference Training Policies and Procedures.
Navigating Difference Train the Trainer Policies: As a participant in the Train the Trainer Retreat for WSU Extension’s Navigating Difference curriculum, I understand that:
- I have participated in the full Navigating Difference Training (18 hours).
- I will be expected to attend the entire T3 retreat.
- I will be expected to complete assigned readings.
- I will provide feedback to the Navigating Difference curriculum designers on T3 content, materials and training processes through a post-session evaluation and follow-up surveys.
- I will only be certified by WSU Extension as a trainer for the Navigating Difference curriculum as designed. Any adapted version must be approved by the Navigating Difference
- I will be expected to co-train with an experienced Navigating Difference trainer as a first step to offering the training in Washington state (note: applies only to WSU Extension participants).
- This certification applies only to Navigating Difference, not to other diversity curriculums.