Small Ruminant Animal Health Class
September 6 @ 6:00 pm - October 11 @ 8:30 pm| $150.00
Wednesday evenings, 6:00 – 8:30 PM
September 6 through October 11, 2017
Classes will be held at local farms, and the WSU Extension Thurston County, 5033 Harrison Ave NW**
- 1.Nutrition, handling and management issues – nutritional diseases: diagnosis and physical exam.
- 2.Reproduction and obstetrics – neonatal issues
- 3.Internal parasite control and management (maybe more than one session), and some external parasites
- 4.Vaccinology and infectious diseases (also may be more than one session). Public health issues.
- 5.Wise use of medications, especially antibiotics. Quality assurance. Pain management and welfare issues. Euthanasia.
- 6.Metabolic and toxicological diseases.
About the instructor: Joe Snyder has practiced veterinary medicine for 28 years in Myrtle Point, Oregon. He has taught at the vet tech program at Portland Community College, and at the College of Veterinary Medicine at OSU in Corvallis. He is past president of the American Association of Small Ruminant Practitioners, Chair of the American Veterinary Medical Association Animal Welfare Committee, and president of Oregon Tilth. He was an advisory board member for Coos County OSU Extension for nearly 28 years.
**Specific locations TBA