4-H Record Books
Your experience with 4-H record books will lead you through the process of setting goals, securing assistance in reaching those goals and recording your progress. You will gain skills such as organization, setting priorities, maintaining financial records. This can come in very handy when you begin completing job, college and scholarship applications.
How to make records books work for you:
- Carefully set SMART goals at the beginning of the 4H Year.
- Actively use your record book EVERY month, taking notes, recording activities, and revisiting your goals.
- Assess your progress mid-year (March) and refine if necessary.
- Evaluate your accomplishments, and challenges at the end of your 4H year.
Information for 4-H Volunteer Leaders & Parents
We value our volunteer leaders! Without you, there would be no 4-H Youth Development Program. To help support you as you provide safe, fun learning environments for our youth, we encourage you to take advantage of all of the resources the WSU Extension Office offers.
- Each October, we offer a training workshop for leaders and encourage all to attend (whether you’ve been leading for 20 years, or are just starting).
- Throughout the year, we want you to feel free to contact our office with questions, concerns, or ideas.
- The WSU 4H Volunteer website provides a wide variety of training modules, links to other programs, and descriptions of basic 4-H program elements for you to study at your own pace.
Remember, you are never alone as a 4-H Leader! Here are some of the forms and documents you’ll need throughout the year.
|DOCUMENTS FOR LEADERS:|
|4-H Record Book||152 kbytes||click here|
|Officer’s Handbook||106 kbytes||click here|
|President’s Handbook||260 kbytes||click here|
|Vice President’s Handbook||244 kbytes||click here|
|Secretary’s Handbook||100 kbytes||click here|
|Treasurer’s Book||476 kbytes||click here|
|WA 4H Club Annual Financial Summary||88 kbytes||click here|
|End of Year Check List||348 kbytes||click here|
|Reporter’s Book||196 kbytes||click here|
|Leader’s Check List for 4H Member||48 kbytes||click here|
|2017-2018 Eligibility Form for Fair||28 kbytes||click here|
|4-H’er of the Year Application||60 kbytes||click here|
|4-H Leader of the Year Nomination Form||56 kbytes||click here|
|Judging Public Presentations||16 kbytes||click here|
|Getting To The Point: How To Do A 4-H Public Presentation||304 kbytes||click here|
|4-H Leader Guide (Public Presentations, Demonstrations, and Illustrated Talks)||60 kbytes||click here|
|Club Completion Form||170 kbytes||click here|
|Window Display Entry Form||2.2 Mbytes||click here|
|DOCUMENTS FOR HORSE LEADERS:|
|State Horse Contest Guide||1.4 Mbytes||click here|
|Medal Patterns||848 kbytes||click here|
|Horse Certificate||848 kbytes||click here|
|Island County Horse 4-H Contest Guidebook|