- This event has passed.
FREE Series – Plan, Save, Shop & Cook: How to Eat Right When the Money is Tight
March 5 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:30pm on Monday, repeating until March 12, 2018
An event every week that begins at 4:30pm on Monday, repeating until March 26, 2018
Food $ense brings a hands-on based approach to nutrition education lessons for food stamp eligible adults. Participants discover the importance of physical activity every day as part of a healthy lifestyle, and how choosing a variety of foods in appropriate portion sizes that are high in nutrient density support a healthy weight when balanced with physical activity.
- Our new FREE series of lessons for adults, Plan, Save, Shop & Cook: How to Eat Right When the Money is Tight, will be held at the Shelton Timberland Library Community Room. The free series is open to community members on a limited income and includes:
- Meal Planning –Learn how to plan meals and use shopping lists to save money & time
- Food Labels – Learn to choose foods that are nutritious and fit within your budget
- Saving Money – Learn techniques to stretch food dollars such as unit pricing and brand comparisons of products
- Cooking Meals – Discover tips to help you plan nutritious meals for an entire week and taste a healthy, low-cost recipe
Class Schedule at Shelton Timberland Library Series 1:
March 5, 12, 19 & 26
Or CALL US! WSU Mason County Extension SNAP-Ed Nutrition Program at 360-427-9670 x680