The enrollment process for Pierce County 4-H will open October 1, 2016. Enrollment Instruction Packets for Leaders and Member Families can be found on the forms, policies, & procedures page.
Washington State Fair
Congratulations to all of our Pierce County fair 4-H blue ribbon winners!
For more information on the State fair (entries and schedules) go to:
For additional information, contact Mike.Seiber@wsu.edu.
REMINDER: The Fall Leaders’ Meeting will be held Thursday, September 29, 2016, 7 p.m. at the Waller Road Grange, 2708 64th St. E., Tacoma.
All Leaders, members, & parents are invited. ALL CLUBS are to be represented!
Leaders’ Council Executive Board Positions Available
There is currently an open position for a Vice President and Secretary on the Council Executive Board. If you are interested in either position, or can think of someone you’d like to nominate let us know. The application form can be found at Executive Board Nomination Form.
The nomination must be submitted to the 4-H office no later than Monday, September 12. The election will be held at the September 29th Fall Leaders’ Meeting.
SUPPORT PIERCE COUNTY 4-H
Apply for a Fred Meyer Community Rewards card. These contributions enhance our programming efforts, for such things as Opportunity Grants, Scholarships and Club Support, and is a benefit to all of our 4-H members. Our group is Pierce County 4-H Council #90289. If you do not have a Rewards card, please talk to Fred Meyer’s staff and find out how to apply for one, or go to the Fred Meyer Community Rewards website. This will not interfere with your personal Rewards.
Contacts for Pierce County
T Diane Day, 4-H Program Assistant, email@example.com or 253-798-7160
Mike Seiber, 4-H Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-798-3223
Brian Brandt, 4-H Youth Development Faculty, email@example.com or 253-798-3250
Makenzie Good, STEM Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-798-3258
Caleb Campbell, Tech Wizard Coordinator, email@example.com or 253-798-3258
For individual areas of responsibility see the staff roles page.
4-H License Plates
4-H Special License Plates are now available. Your purchase of a 4-H License Plate supports 4-H Youth Development in Washington State! Click here for a copy of the brochure.
About 4-H Youth Development
4-H is a positive youth development program that has the goal of creating caring, capable and contributing citizens. Youth learn life skills such as decision making, cooperating, and organizing through several project areas. Some might think the four H’s stand for “Horses, Hens, Hog, and Hay.” It’s easy to see why, since 4-H has been around for more than 100 years. In fact there are a huge variety of projects spanning from robotics, photography, cooking, arts and crafts, sewing and fashion, welding, raising and showing animals, and so much more! Check out what Pierce County 4-H accomplished last year: 1,000 youth participated in community clubs with 700 adults that served as their mentors. Youth showcase their completed projects at the county fair and Puyallup Fair.
- the Afterschool program delivered 50 hours of professional training to 90 after school and child care staff from 7 counties. Nearly 1,600 youth received 4-H programming from these trained program staff.
- 110 summer camp staff from 3 counties received training that allowed 3,000 youth to receive 4-H enhanced programming.
- a 4-H technology lab opened in inner-city Tacoma providing after school and summer camp opportunities for middle and high school students.
Pierce County 4-H Council
- Application for Executive Board Membership
- Executive Board Nomination Form
- PC Leader Council Fair Board Representative
- PC 4-H Council Constitution
- PC 4-H Council By-Laws
- Standing Rules October 2015
- Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Grants and Scholarships
- Youth Opportunity Grant
- Adult Leader Education Grant
- Youth-Dist 3 Grant Application
- High School Seniors Scholarship Application (.doc)
- High School Seniors Scholarship Application (.pdf)
- Teen Rally Youth Opportunity Grant
- Teen Rally Chaperone Grant
Play for Peace-2nd Training Play for Peace-Play Day