What is EFNEP?
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) is a nutrition education program provided by Washington State University Pierce County Extension. EFNEP delivers nutrition education to low-income parents in four core areas: diet quality and physical activity, food resource management, food safety, and food security.
What does EFNEP provide?
- A 9 to 12 lesson, interactive, cost-free, research-based nutrition curriculum.
- Adaptable material to meet each participant’s needs
- Lessons delivered in different languages including: Spanish, Cambodian (Khmer), Chinese (Mandarin), and English.
EFNEP Participants learn how to…
- Read food labels
- Save money on groceries
- Make healthy food choices
- Be more active
- Practice cooking skills
- Hands-on learning allows participants to create healthy recipes and learn the essentials of food safety.
If you are interested in bringing EFNEP to your agency in Pierce County Washington, please contact:
M. Catalina Aragón, MS, CN