Program Contact: Rhys Hansen, Ag Summit Coordinator
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
The 6th Annual San Juan Islands Agricultural Summit will take place on beautiful Lopez Island on March 16-17, 2018. Grow your inspiration at this gathering of over 150 local farmers, food producers, businesses, and food advocates for two days of events, education and camaraderie in our local food community.
* Registration is now open for the 6th annual San Juan Islands Ag Summit*
Please visit our Eventbrite page for tickets and the latest information about this exciting upcoming event. Our Friday workshops are now posted, and you can save 30% off Saturday door price when you sign up before February 16!
Interested in scholarship or work-trade? We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis until March 1st. The applications can be found on our event page at Eventbrite.
Stay up to date with Ag Summit information by signing up for our email list.
Especially excited about this year’s summit? Share your story with us on Facebook. We would love to hear from you.
Looking forward to seeing you on Lopez Island!
Schedule of Events:
Friday March 16
- Friday morning and afternoon will consist of several extended and hands-on workshops in a variety of locations on Lopez Island. Locations will be emailed to participants the week of the event.
- Click here to read the latest schedule of Friday workshops.
- We invite the whole community to join us Friday evening for the always-delicious Taste of the San Juans at the Lopez Center for Community and the Arts from 6-9pm. Enjoy small bites from your favorite chefs in the county in this fun and family-friendly event. $5 entrance, $2 per taste ticket. All tickets will be sold at the door.
Saturday March 17
- On Saturday, we will gather to learn and be inspired at Lopez Island Elementary School. This year we are proud to offer 16 sessions in four different tracks including Production, Marketing and Finance, Perspective, and Agricultural Programs and Policy. Sessions include Adding Value to Local Products, Wireworm Research and Solutions, Gearing up for the San Juan County Food Hub and much, much, more. Breakfast and lunch are included in your admission.
- The schedule of Saturday Sessions will be posted here February 16.
Social hour at the Lopez Grange begins after sessions have ended. Join friends new and old for refreshment and good company at the Summit Social.
New this year! Networking Room. We know that a lot of the best learning comes from the chance to dive deeper. To that end, we will have a dedicated room for informal conversation and meetings throughout the day.
While the content is geared toward an adult audience, children are welcome to attend free of charge. Please email us at email@example.com for the free youth registration code. Childcare will be made available for younger children (see FAQ.)
All workshops and sessions are subject to change. We have posted a tentative schedule of all events with registration launch and will update it as we finalize the offerings.
More information will be coming soon, keep a lookout in the coming weeks as we highlight some of the amazing agricultural voices and perspectives who will be sharing their wisdom at this year’s summit.
Make an investment in our local agricultural community by becoming a sponsor. Contact us for more information about our sponsorship packages.
Please contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 370-7667.
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
Sustaining Sponsors: Orcas Food Co-Op | Midnight’s Farm | Sunnyfield Farm
Farm Champion: Blossom Grocery | Island Petroleum Services | Rain Shadow Consulting
Farmer: Lopez Locavores | Islander’s Insurance | Sunset Builders | T & D Farms
Friends of Farms: Lopez Grange
All workshops and sessions are subject to change. We will post a tentative schedule of all events with registration launch, and update it as we finalize the offerings.
Thank you to our 2018 Partner Organizations: Washington State University San Juan County Extension, San Juan County, Agricultural Resources Committee of San Juan County, Lopez Community Land Trust, Lopez Island School District, Northwest Agriculture Business Center, San Juan Islands Agricultural Guild, San Juan Islands Conservation District, and San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau
The event is supported in part by USDA -NIFA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program Award #: 2016-70017-25526.