Become a 4-H Volunteer!
- See the best in your community!
- Share your skills and gain new ones!
- Make memories and friendships!
As an affiliate of Washington State University, our state’s land grant university, you benefit from
- WSU Extension resources and curriculum
- Training relevant to your 4-H responsibilities and to life
- WSU liability coverage and L&I insurance while volunteering
Take the first step towards becoming a 4-H volunteer. Download and complete the WSU 4-H Volunteer Application. If you are involved with a club or program, submit your application to the supervising volunteer. Otherwise, submit it to the 4-H office. Once we receive your application, we will contact you for any further information. firstname.lastname@example.org
WSU Extension, Snohomish County 4-H
600 128th St. SE
Everett, WA 98208
Looking for all of the volunteer application documents? There can be found HERE.
Sharing your time and talents can be rewarding beyond expectation. Volunteering with 4-H will help to enrich a child’s life as well as contribute to the future of your community. No matter how much time you have to give, 4-H has a place for YOU.
One-time, Date-Specific Opportunities
- Assist with event registrations, space setup, etc.
- Office Assistance: Prepare outreach kits and supplies, make buttons
- Assist with fund raising opportunities–Annual Train Show!
- Teach a workshop for youth (sewing, creative arts, animal health, robotics…)
- Serve as a judge for Public Presentations or Record Books
- Represent 4-H at recruiting and informational events
- Serve on a committee or ad-hoc task force
- Lead a committee for a specific club or program
- Plan or implement 4-H events
- Facilitate club activities (i.e. fund raising, social activities, awards celebrations, etc.)
- START a club for kids, LEAD a project, TEACH youth skills…
- Serve on an advisory group for 4-H
- Partner with youth to implement shows, trainings, and events
- Be an advocate for youth and youth issues
No matter how much time you have to give – 4-H has a place for YOU.
Volunteers are provided a quality, comprehensive training program, E.V.O.L.V.E. Spring, 2017, that helps you to work with and teach youth in many different interest-related areas that we call programs. Topics range from new club orientation to effective group leadership.
To see all requirements and supplemental education opportunities for volunteers, click here: Volunteer Education Chart
Volunteer Class Notes
Conducting Judging Events (Judging/Reasons)
- Report your volunteer hours
- Washington State 4-H Program
- Washington State 4-H Publications
- National 4-H Council
Sign Up for 2/22 Project Leadership classSign Up for 4/8 Project Leadership and/or Success in 4-HSign up for 4/15 Volunteer EducationVolunteer Education E.V.O.L.V.E.
4-H News & Events
- Public Presentations 2017 Schedule
- Know Your Government (KYG)
- Recognize 4-H Youth Who Are #True Leaders!