Loading Events

« All Events

Growing Groceries: Good Bugs, Bad Bugs, & Pollinators

February 21, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm

| $20.00

honey beeDid you know that less than 1% of the insect species in the world are the so-called bad bugs that eat us, our livestock, and/or our food? The other 99% are necessary to keeping a healthy environment in our gardens. They help pollinate our crops, eat the bad bugs, and help keep our gardens healthy in many ways. Our eighth class in the series will introduce you to the myriad insects that inhabit our gardens.  Learn who’s who and how to put the good guys to work!

Dave Pehling, Pest Management Specialist with the WSU Snohomish County Extension and a local beekeeper, will show you how to know the good from the bad and how to encourage those ever-important pollinators and other beneficial insects to our gardens.

Diane Decker-Ihle, Master Gardener and Growing Groceries Instructor, will focus on cultural and physical techniques to prevent disease and pests from damaging our garden crops using scientifically-proven sustainable practices.

No matter if you only have a tiny apartment deck, small garden space, or plenty of acreage you can grow fresh, healthy food in a healthier, more environmentally friendly way.

The WSU Snohomish County Growing Groceries program brings beginning and experienced gardeners together with speakers and topics focused on growing healthy food using sustainable gardening practices.

Developed over the last several years, the program’s goal is to increase our communities’ access to fresh, healthy food by teaching the latest research-based techniques for growing food.

WSU Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local extension office. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and special needs; contact WSU Extension at 425-338-2400 at least two weeks prior to the event.

Where

WSU Snohomish County Extension
600 – 128th Street SE (McCollum Park)
Everett, WA 98208

Cost

Take just the classes you want at $20 per class per person.

Or…Save and take all ten core Growing Groceries classes for $175.

Add the bonus Growing Tree Fruit class and take all 11 Growing Groceries classes (10 core classes + the bonus class) for just $185!

Registration

Visit GrowingGroceries.eventbrite.com to register online, or download this form and mail with your check.

Other classes in the series…

Growing Groceries Resources

Details

Date:
February 21, 2018
Time:
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Cost:
$20.00
Event Categories:
, ,

Organizer

Kate Ryan
Phone:
(425) 357-6024
Email:
kate.ryan@wsu.edu

Venue

WSU Snohomish County Extension’s Cougar Auditorium
600 – 128th Street SE (McCollum Park)
Everett, WA 98208 United States
+ Google Map
Washington State University