Gifts of any size are important and will support the 4-H Foundation in providing students with the quality experiences that only 4-H can provide.
There are many ways you can make a gift to the Washington State 4-H Foundation and Washington State University:
- Make an online gift today – You can choose to make a one time gift, or set up a recurring donation.
- Gifts using cash or credit card – Contact Gayle Ashworth (253) 445-4570
- Establish a payroll deduction – Employees of Washington State University may make a gift through payroll deduction. Contact Margie Hirose (509) 335-0954
- Create an Endowment – A gift of $25,000 or more establishes an endowment at the Washington State University Foundation. See below for more information.
Create an Endowment
An endowed fund managed by the Washington State University Foundation provides perpetual annual support for the WSU Extension 4-H Program. Your endowment may benefit a 4-H priority of your choice or you may give the 4-H Foundation discretion to apply your gift to one of its highest priorities. A gift establishing an endowment creates a lasting legacy in your name or the name of someone you wish to honor. Your endowment will only be used for the purpose you designate:
- A written gift use agreement between the donor, Washington State University Foundation, and the WSU Extension 4-H Program is created for all endowed funds.
- Your gift is invested prudently, so the endowment’s buying power is preserved over time.
- Once the principal is invested, all or a portion of the income is expended annually to support the area designated in your gift use agreement. If a portion of the income remains once the gift is fulfilled, it is added to the principal to guard against inflation and to maintain the fund’s purchasing power for future generations.
Endowments enhance 4-H excellence by providing permanent funding for scholarships and travel to national conferences and events. This continuity of funding helps 4-H retain high-ability members. Endowments enhance faculty/staff excellence by providing vital funding for new programs and project expansion . These funds often make the difference between a good program and an outstanding one.
How to get started once you have decided to create an endowment. A 4-H Foundation representative will work closely with you to help define the features of your endowment to meet both your wishes and the needs of the 4-H Program. For more information on creating an endowment, contact the 4-H Foundation at 253-445-4570, or by email at email@example.com