Kick start your summer the best way possible… attend 4-H Camp!
WHAT: Benton-Franklin 4-H Camp
WHEN: June 11-16, 2019 (June10th for Counselors, Volunteers)
WHERE: Camp Wooten Environmental Learning Center (on the Tucannon River outside of Dayton, WA)
- Campers – Kids age 8-13
- Counselors in Training (CITs) – Teens age 14-15
- Counselors – Teens age 16-18
- Adult Volunteers – Adults age 21+
* Age is determined by June 1st of 2019 (different than normal 4-H participant age)
WHAT DO WE DO AT CAMP?
Campers are placed into cabins with other campers of a similar age and at least one counselor and one CIT. Camp is themed, and every cabin has an individual theme as well. Everyone gets to go to eight different classes during the week. Classes include archery, canoeing, hiking, and more! Everyone can show off their acting skills during cabin skits on campfire night, and show off their dance moves at the themed camp dances. We eat a lot of good food, and there is time for swimming, kickball, and other activities. Camp can be one of the best experiences of being a kid- don’t miss out… it is A LOT of fun!!!
- $200 for Campers and CIT’s.
- FREE for Counselors and Adult Volunteers.
- Adult Volunteers get one (1) child admitted free. Any family sending three (3) or more children get $50 off of their total cost!
- Check or cash only.
- Scholarships also available.
This year we will be doing 4-H Camp Registration thru 4HOnline. https://wa.4honline.com We know that this registration can be a little tricky, so we’ve created some short YouTube videos to help you navigate the 4-H Camp registration process. Access the videos on our YouTube channel here or search for “Benton-Franklin 4-H WSU”.
- For camper registration, watch this video
- For Counselor in Training (CIT) registration, watch this video
- For Counselor application, watch this video
- For families that have a 4HOnline profile, but the youth is NOT participating as a member in traditional year-round 4-H Club programming this year, watch this video
- For youth in families that do NOT have a 4HOnline profile, watch this video
- For Adult Volunteers, click here. *Adult Volunteers are chosen through an application process, and are selected based on need/numbers at camp.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DUE BY MAY 6TH, 2019
*We realize that we overlap with most of the area schools. This is unfortunate, however, these dates were reserved over 18 months ago, and we are locked in to that 2nd full week in June. Please understand that while it is not our intent for youth to have to choose between attending school and attending camp, we truly believe in the value of our outdoor experiential education throughout camp that focuses on life skills and accepting differences. This is an experience you will not get anywhere else.
If you have questions, aren’t sure about what to expect, never let your kid go to camp before, need more information about the hands-on classes and AMAZING experience, etc, etc, etc…. PLEASE do not hesitate to call the Camp Director, Dan Kinion, 509-302-8658 or the Pasco WSU Extension Office at 509-545-3511. We are steadily growing up 4-H Camp, and have had super successful camps in recent years!
Let this week be the best one of the summer!