WSU Master Gardeners teach classes in Wenatchee, WA.
Spring, Summer, and Fall are great for gardening. Join our classes and events to learn more about timely topics such as:
- KPQ Home & Garden Show — March, 2019, Town Toyota Center, Wenatchee, WA.
- Third Saturdays in the Garden — Take free tours and short tutorials to educate and motivate you to get outside and into the garden. Held at the Master Gardener Community Education Garden, from June to September, each Third Saturday features Garden Talks – mini-classes covering specific gardening basics. We thank our sponsors for supporting these events. In 2019, at 10 am, Western at Springwater, Wenatchee, WA:
- May 18: Simple Irrigation Repairs – Learn about various irrigation systems and products, and participate in “hands-on” demos to “get a grip” on basic DIY assembly and repair. Download the flyer. Download the Class Handouts.
- June 15: Bee a Junior Pollinator Biologist – Buzz through family-friendly, science-based stations to earn your certification. Download the flyer in English. En español.
- July 20: “What’s ‘Eating’ Your Plant?” – Identify common insect pests and effective methods of control, from cultural to chemical
- August 17: 9th Annual Tomato Gala
Festive tomato-tasting extravaganza! Experience new flavors, and vote for your favorite heirloom, slicer, cherry, and paste tomato
- September 21: Fall into Spring: Plant and Prepare Now for Next Year
Perennials – bulbs, tubers, trees, and grasses for year-round beauty and color
Check our Classes and Events Calendar for current information.
Please be prepared for weather conditions and sun exposure. Persons with a disability requiring special accommodation while participating in this event may call the Extension office at 509-667-6540. If accommodation is not requested 10 days in advance, we cannot guarantee accommodation on-site.