Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Join 4-H

Program Contact: Melanie Greer, 4-H Program Coordinator
(360) 417-2398 •

join-4hFrequently Asked Questions:

How do I join 4-H?

The first step to joining 4-H is to find a club that has a project area you are interested in and is accepting new members then contact that club and ask to attend a meeting or two. Browse through our club list to learn more about our clubs and what they offer. This list may be updated at any time as we have many exciting new clubs in the process of forming!

Contact Melanie Greer, Clallam County 4-H Program Coordinator, if you have any questions or if you wish to become a volunteer and start a club in your neighborhood!


After you find a club that meets your needs, create a family account and submit a current enrollment in the 4-H Online enrollment system! New members must attend a club meeting, pay enrollment fees and pay any club dues to confirm enrollment.  Financial assistance available upon request.  No youth will be denied access to our programs.

Who can join 4-H?

4-H age is determined by October 1st of the current 4-H year.  Youth who have reached their 5th birthday (before October 1st of the current 4-H year), through those who have not reached their 19th birthday (before October 1st of the current 4-H year)

  • Members must have reached their 8th birthday by October 1st of the current 4-H year to be eligible for:  Competitive situations, large animal projects, shooting sports projects, and food preservation projects.
  • Special Education youth, older than 19 and less than 21 years of age, may enroll with approval from 4-H staff.

How much does 4-H cost?

Annual youth club member enrollment fees are:  $25 (Local Clallam County 4-H) + $25 (WA State 4-H) = $50/ youth member. Financial assistance is available upon request–no child will be denied access to our programs.  Contact the extension office to request assistance. Clubs may have additional annual dues. Fees for participation in special interest and other programming vary with the program.

When can you join 4-H?

The 4-H year begins October 1st of each year so Fall is a great time to join 4-H. However, depending on the club, members can usually join at any time during the year. To be able to participate in the Clallam County Fair as a 4-H member, youth must be enrolled in a club and projects by June 1st. Some projects have earlier deadlines for participation; check with your club leader.

Who can start a 4-H club?

More Questions? Contact

WSU Extension of Clallam County, 223 E. 4th St. Suite 15, Port Angeles, WA 98362; (360) 417-2398