Master Gardener Green Thumb Presentations
(Click on highlighted text below for a direct link to the live Zoom presentation)
Zoom Troubleshooting Tips:
We have learned a few things from past Zoom sessions that we’d like to pass on to you to minimize problems with logging in. Most of the issues seem to be problems unique to each user and device, and we have very limited ability to troubleshoot. But each of the tips below has worked for someone.
If you are new to Zoom or think you might have a problem, it is important to log on early so you have time to try these tips:
- If you have never used Zoom before you must register for a free Zoom account. You will use the email and password that you create during the registration process to sign into all meetings.
- If you are using Zoom through your web browser, try downloading and using the desktop client instead. In fact, it may be good for everyone to download and have this ready in advance.
- If you are using a phone or tablet (either Android or IOS), use the Zoom app instead of using a web browser.
- Make sure you are not mixing up your personal Zoom account password and the meeting password, which are different. You will be prompted for them at different times (if at all, depending on your device). This is one of the most common problems.
- Try using a different internet browser. Chrome seems to work best. Microsoft Edge seems to cause the most problems.
- Enable cookies in your browser.
- Log into Zoom in your browser and/or in your Zoom app prior to clicking on the link.
- Update the Zoom client on your device.
- Completely log out of Zoom (both on your device’s Zoom app., and on the Zoom website, log back in, and try again.
- Flush the cookies and cache from your web browser, close the browser, and then restart.
- Uninstall and reinstall Zoom on your device.
- Try accessing the webinar on a different computer/device.