26th Annual Spring Conservation Fair (POSTPONED!!!)
Ferry County Fairgrounds
NEW DATE TBA!
10 AM-2 PM
Conservation Fair activities are available to all without discrimination.
2020 Pride Guide (updated soon) includes the educational and fun-filled day’s activities at the Fair
2020 Pride Month Calendar (updated soon!) lists all the activities happening during April’s Ferry County Pride Month
The highlight of April’s Ferry County Pride Month! Learn about the natural resources of our county. There will be educational workshops, displays, and a great deal of useful information. Parking for disabled persons will be available. The Conservation Fair is sponsored by Ferry Conservation District, with several organizations and passionate volunteers partnering to make it a success! It is hosted by Ferry County Fairgrounds. For more information, contact WSU Ferry County Extension 775-5225 x 1116 or Ferry Conservation District 775-3473.
– Information and Learning Fun –
Local contractors will demonstrate the equipment needed to treat natural resources including forestry related issues: Chippers, portable sawmill, and log splitter.
2020 participants (still being updated):
- WSU Ferry County Extension – Educational Resources, Carousel Rides, 4-H activities & Food Concessions, and Master Gardeners Q & A, make a seed ball
- Curlew HS Future Farmers of America – Heirloom seed sale and plant starts
- Curlew Job Corps – Carpentry Trade; Make & Take Home a Bird House
- Curlew Public Library – rock painting
- Curlew Seed, Inc – Pipe bending demonstration and freebies for kids
- Ferry Conservation District
- Ferry County EMS #1
- Ferry County Rail Trail Partners and Get Out Fest
- Ferry County Search & Rescue
- Ferry County Solid Waste Division – Composting workshops: attend and purchase a compost bin
- Ferry County Sunrise
- Republic Chamber of Commerce
- Republic Skatepark – purchase a raffle ticket to win a skateboard
- USFS Republic Ranger District – Smokey Bear Onsite (weather permitting)
- WA Department of Natural Resources – Firewise workshop – create defensible space around your home to protect from wildfire
Please, No Pets at the Conservation Fair