This year the Food Safety and Sanitation Steering Committee proudly presents the inaugural Food Safety and Sanitation Team Award! This is a separate award from the Line Worker Award, which focuses on the individual. The Committee wants to spotlight excellence in your facilities, because we know that it takes a team to create a food safety culture. The Team Award packet is attached to this email.
2019 Food Safety & Sanitation Team Award Guidelines packet for download
Major Criteria for Evaluation Include
- The team enhances the food safety culture in the whole company
- Comes up with new/innovative practices that contributed to enrichment of food safety culture
- Impacted the food safety system, for example by reducing the amount of “on hold” product year over year, and etc.
- Clear evidence that the effective “product or output” of the team effort exceeds the simple sum of the parts contributed by individual members
- Effective integration across units and functions of the company
- Recognition by colleagues, professional groups, industry, public agencies, and etc.
Award Packets Needs to Include
- Award Packet Cover Form
- Application Specifics per Award Guidelines
- Letters of Support
- 300 word biography
- A high resolution photo
- Deadline for application submissions is September 27, 2019 by 5 pm
Selection committee will review the award nomination packets and make their decision. The Team Award finalist will be announced at the Food Safety & Sanitation Workshop in November.
Food Safety and Sanitation Team Award Finalist
- The team will be recognized at the workshop in November
- A plaque will be presented to the team
- We encourage any team members who are nominated to attend the workshop!