- This event has passed.
The Wonderful World of Galls ~ Christine Heycke
November 12, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Christine Heycke will present a talk on Thursday , November 12 at 3:00pm titled “The Wonderful World of Galls”. You may have seen strange lumps or bumps on leaves or branches and wondered what they were. Or maybe you knew they were galls but didn’t know how they were formed. Plants produce galls in response to various organisms, including viruses, bacteria, fungi, plants, or animals, but the growth of the gall is regulated by the gall former, not the plant. Sometimes the galls are little red or white fuzzy bumps, and sometimes they are ornate, colorful and bizarre and look nothing like the plant that produced them. This talk will focus on galls of flowering plants induced by insects and will include lots of colorful images. Christine has been a Master Gardener since 2018, she is a member of the British Plant Gall Society, and has actively participated in several educational agricultural programs sponsored by WSU Extension.
Meeting ID: 941 3428 6728
Date & Time: Nov 12, 2020 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Please refer to this guide on Joining WSU Zoom Meetings before trying to join the meeting.
Note: Zoom Account authentication is required to join this meeting.
For those of you new to Zoom, the link below this paragraph contains basic instructions for how to join a Zoom meeting. The video is only a couple of minutes to watch, and is helpful. On this web-page, the Overview section below the video includes links to download the Zoom application, and also a link to join a test meeting. Here’s the link:
And here are some Zoom Troubleshooting Tips:
We have learned a few things from past Zoom sessions that we’d like to pass on to you to minimize problems with logging in. Most of the issues seem to be problems unique to each user and device, and we have very limited ability to troubleshoot. But each of the tips below has worked for someone.
If you are new to Zoom or think you might have a problem, it is important to log on early so you have time to try these tips:
- If you are using Zoom through your web browser, try downloading and using the desktop client instead (https://zoom.us/support/download). In fact, it may be good for everyone to download and have this ready in advance.
- If you are using a phone or tablet (either Android or IOS), use the Zoom app (same link as above to download) instead of using a web browser.
- Make sure you are not mixing up your personal Zoom account password and the meeting password, which are different. You will be prompted for them at different times (if at all, depending on your device). This is one of the most common problems.
- Make sure you are logging into Zoom with the same e-mail/account you used to register for the webinar.
- Try using a different internet browser. Chrome seems to work best. Microsoft Edge seems to cause the most problems.
- Enable cookies in your browser.
- Log into Zoom (https://zoom.us/signin) in your browser and/or in your Zoom app prior to clicking on the link.
- Update the Zoom client on your device.
- Completely log out of Zoom (both on your device’s Zoom app., and on the Zoom website, log back in, and try again.
- Flush the cookies and cache from your web browser, close the browser, and then restart.
- Uninstall and reinstall Zoom on your device.
- Try accessing the webinar on a different computer/device.