- research-based and
- focused on environmentally friendly and sustainable gardening practices
Following is a list of resources and FREE information provided by Master Gardeners in King County.
- How to Become a Master Gardener Volunteer – Applications for the 2020 training will be available on August 1, 2019.
- e-Clinic: Send your gardening questions via email to a Master Gardener at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardening Tip Sheets. These tip sheets on a wide range of topics specific to gardening in King County are available for download.
- 2019 Plant Clinic Schedule: Visit a Master Gardener clinic for answers to gardening questions and diagnosis of plant problems. This list of Plant Clinics in King County will be update in early spring.
- Demonstration Gardens: Master Gardeners are available to discuss and demonstrate environmentally sustainable gardening practices.
Washington State University (WSU) Extension is seeking a motivated individual to lead and coordinate our Extension Master Gardener program in King County. The Extension Coordinator provides overall leadership and management of the WSU Master Gardener program in King County. The primary goal of the Master Gardener program is to empower volunteers to teach the public and answer questions on home gardening through a combination of direct education and volunteer management.
The Extension Coordinator recruits, trains, leads, coordinates, and utilizes over 600 WSU-trained volunteers to reach the growing population of King County through more than 50 community locations and special events. The Extension Coordinator establishes and utilizes a network of empowered and effectively-led teams to execute the program. This person will work collaboratively with the Master Gardener Foundation of King County to maintain a strong relationship and ensure a healthy and well-funded operation.
This position will be located at the University of Washington Center for Urban Horticulture in Seattle, Washington. This is a full-time, benefitted position. A background check is required. For complete job description and application instructions, visit https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/44082.
- Snoqualmie Valley Clinic Library Talks starting January 19 at the Sammamish Library and the North Bend Library.
- Bellevue Demo Garden Workshop schedule for free workshops from January to October 2019.
King County Master Gardener Plant Sales [Dates & Times, details]
- Apr. 26-27: Annual KCMG Plant Sale at CUH
- May 4: Bellevue Demo Garden Spring Sale at Big Picture School, Bellevue
- May 4-5 & 11-12: Cesar Chavez Demo Garden Spring Sale, Beacon Hill
- May 11: Soos Creek Botanical Garden, Auburn
- Sep. 7: MG Plant Sale & Continuing Education at Bellevue Botanical Garden
- Sep. 14: Bellevue Demo Garden Fall Harvest Festival
Locations for all King County clinics and gardens with updated hours for 2019