- This event has passed.
European Chafer Workshop
April 26 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
We have organized a springtime meeting at the center of the known European Chafer infestation in Burien WA. We will apply for WSDA recertification credits and have arranged for the following topics and speakers. If you are unfamiliar with the European Chafer, visit http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/FS078E/FS078E.pdf.
The intention of the workshop is to engage WSU, OSU, WSDA and WSNLA along with other green industry professionals in a discussion of research and educational priorities for the new pest introduction. Please help spread the word with interested colleagues.
What: European Chafer Workshop
• Alec Kowalewski (OSU) – Turf Pest Overview
• Chris Looney (WSDA), Todd Murray (WSU) and Alec Kowalewski (OSU) – European Chafer in North America and the PNW
• How to sample and determine threshold – Exercise
• The Canadian Experience – Peter Isaacson (Canada Nursery-British Columbia)
• Management for European Chafer in the PNW – Alec Kowalewski (OSU)
• Facilitated Discussion of research and next steps – Breanne Chavez (WSNLA)
• Field demonstration – All
When: April 26th 9:30am to 2pm
Where: Burien Community Center
14700 6th Avenue SW
Burien, WA 98166-1908
What to bring: Dress weather appropriate. Bring your own lunch or plan to break for a short 45 minute lunch.
Register: Contact Todd Murray at email@example.com or call 509.335.8744 to register. There is no cost.