A Healthier Lawn, Family and Puget Sound
By choosing lawn care products that are labeled Natural or Organic, you’ll reduce harmful chemical exposure to your family, our streams and seas, otters and orcas, salmon and seals… you get the idea!
Why go natural? Much of the pollution in water occurs from polluted rain runoff. Rain washes the pesticides and chemicals from fertilizers off of your yard into nearby streets and storm drains. The water that flows into these storm systems is often untreated and goes directly into our local creeks and streams.
You can still grow a healthy, beautiful lawn using natural yard techniques. We’ll help you get started.
Kitsap County is partnering with the WSU Kitsap Extension Master Gardeners to provide several free events and resources below.
- Get personalized advice from Master Gardeners at a webinar.
- Attend an ‘Ask a Master Gardener’ clinic to chat in person.
- Take advantage of a natural lawn care product discount at select retailers.
FREE Webinars – Grow a healthier lawn for your kids and pets
- Saturday, April 29 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 3 from 6- 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20 from 10 – 11 a.m.
Ask a Master Gardener at a Clinic – Bremerton City Nursery
- Saturday, April 15 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.