*Update* We are now officially offering clock hours for teachers participating in the Stream Stewards course this summer. Teachers should register for our WSU course using the link below. Upon completion of the course, they will register their clock hours on the OESD114 website at an additional fee. More information about this process will be provided at the end of the course.
- Streams and riparian areas
- Forest health and diseases
- Wetlands and aquatic insects
- Fish and wildlife
- Human interactions with their watershed
This six-week class is offered annually. Classes run six Thursdays July 19 through August 23, 2018. Each session includes a field component. Register here.
After the training, we will provide and connect you with exciting opportunities to volunteer around Kitsap County.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Blue Thumb Gardening: Ten tips for protecting water quality while helping your garden grow
- Kitsap Stream Habitat
- Kitsap Stream Bugs – The Big Three
- Kitsap County Watershed Map
- What’s the problem with dog poop?
- Natural Yard Care: 5 steps to make your piece of the planet a healthier place to live!
- Vehicle Washing: Runoff Pollutes
- Car Washing Tips
- Car Maintenance Tips
- 4 reasons to kick the weed & feed habit
Are you interested in joining us for the next Stream Stewards training? Sign up to be notified when the next training is scheduled!