Whatever you have to offer, we have a place for you. Our volunteer opportunities range from a one-time experience to an on-going relationship between you and 4-H. These opportunities are available at the club, county, or 4-H administrative level. We match your skill and preferred interests with our needs. For example, you may wish to help out in the 4-H office with administrative tasks. Others may lean towards participating at county events for one or more days throughout the year. There are also on-going opportunities to lead a group of young people in an interest area or in the club setting. Your skills and talents are very much needed to assist our young people as they grow and develop.
As a 4-H volunteer, you will become affiliated with our state’s land grant university, Washington State University. You instantly have the resources of WSU Extension at your fingertips. Additionally, you enjoy the benefit of WSU liability coverage and L & I coverage should you be injured while volunteering.
Club Level Volunteer Opportunities
General Club Leader: Assume primary responsibility for the Club.
Project Leader: Lead a specific project or curriculum within a Club, example someone who leads monthly dog project meetings.
Activity Leader: Provide leadership for an event or activity within a Club or on a short term, example someone who leads for a specialty event, a horse judge who comes out and discusses what we be looked for during a competition.
Resource Leader: Serves as a source of expertise/adviser for a Club, example a professional photographer who gives a 1 day photography workshop.
How to become a 4-H Volunteer
- Contact the 4-H Office
- Complete an in person or on the phone interview with a WSU 4-H Staff
- Create a profile on 4hOnline
- Complete and pass a national criminal background check
- Complete all in person and online training requirements
If you are interested in volunteering with 4-H there are numerous ways to get involved.
- If you would like to volunteer with a specific Club, contact that Club leader and they will let you know the best ways to help their Club.
- If you are open to participating with any Club that needs adult support contact the 4-H Office and we will put you in touch with specific clubs based on your location, interest and availability.