How old do I have to be?
Between the ages of 5 (and in Kindergarten) and 19.
In 4-H, you get to decide what program to join. These are the active projects for Kitsap County:
- Dogs, Horses, Cats, Rabbits, Cavies, Llamas
- Environmental Science, Gardening
- Computers, Rocketry, Robotics
- Tractors, and ATV’s
- Beef, Dairy, Sheep, Swine, Goats, Poultry
- Veterinary Science
- Food and Nutrition, Cooking, Sewing
- Archery, Riflery
- Creative Arts, Photography
Once you’ve chosen your program, send us a message about you and how you would like to belong. You can join a club, after school program or work by yourself. We’ll send you information about each and get you hooked up real soon!
What does it cost?
- WSU State 4-H Fee: $25 per youth
- Kitsap County 4-H Fee: $20 per youth, cap 3 youth per family
- 4-H Club Fee: varies based on Club
Scholarships are available: Kitsap Scholarship Request Form
For more information, please review the “Welcome to 4-H” publication.
I want to participate NOW!
Kitsap 4-H is always eager to have members join. We accept membership year round. However, to participate in the Kitsap County Fair and Stampede, you must be enrolled in 4-H by May 1st of the current year.
4-H Participation Models
Community Club: A club is a group of youth who are led by volunteers. Clubs may be a single-project club, where the group only participates in one project area (like only dogs, or only cooking) or multi-project club, where the group participates in many project areas.
After School Program: If you’re in an afterschool program, we will work with your program sponsor to begin offering 4-H projects.