Program Contact: Randy Williams, Lincoln-Adams 4-H Program Coordinator
(509) 725-4171 • Cell (509)-869-1818 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Contact: Karen Robertson, Lincoln-Adams WSU Extension Program Assistant
(509) 659-3209 • email@example.com
Lincoln-Adams 4-H Scholarship Applications must be postmarked or delivered to the Lincoln or Adams WSU Extension Office by March 15th.
The Lincoln-Adams Scholarship Program Offers
- One or more scholarships sponsored by the Lincoln and Adams 4-H Leaders’ Councils.
- One or more continuing education grants sponsored by the Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Leaders
The purpose of the Lincoln-Adams 4-H Scholarship program is to foster continued education for 4-H program participants who have been conveyors of the 4-H spirit, leaders among their peers, providers of service in their communities; and who seek to advance their skills and knowledge.
Number of scholarships in a given year depends on availability of funds prior to the March 15th application deadline.
- Current member enrolled in Lincoln or Adams County 4-H
and must have been enrolled in Lincoln or Adams Co. 4-H for at least two years prior to graduation
- Senior in high school
- Completed a minimum of 60 hours community service
- Planning to attend institution of higher learning
- Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Leaders Grant Only: open to graduating seniors who have been active participants in the Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program for at least 3 of the 5 years prior to H.S. graduation. Funding is applicable for institution of higher learning, apprenticeship or internship.
- Active involvement in the 4-H program
- Complete records and evidence of English proficiency in written records
- Participation in club, county, state and/or national 4-H events
- Engagement in citizenship and community service
- Receive at least 80% of total basic points possible in the scoring metric.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Postmarked or delivered to the local WSU Extension Office* by March 15th
- Lincoln-Adams 4-H Scholarship Application Form
- Copy of Permanent 4-H Record (C0935) and OR detailed history of activities in 4-H, school & community
- 4-H Story: In two pages, introduce yourself and describe your 4-H experiences including how
4-H has affected your personal development and prepared you for your future.
- Two letters of recommendation: One must be from a high school teacher, counselor, principal, or a 4-H leader
- Detailed log reflecting a recommended total of 75 hours of 4-H and non 4-H Community service (minimum of 60 hrs. needed to qualify.)
- The scholarship monies are granted in the name of each recipient to his/her educational institution’s registrar’s office upon second quarter/semester enrollment. It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to provide registrar contact information to their 4-H Leaders’ CouncilTreasurer.
Unable to download? To request Lincoln-Adams 4-H scholarship information: contact: Karen Robertson at 509-659-3209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*WSU Extension Adams County
205 W. Main Ave.
Ritzville, WA 99169
*WSU Extension Lincoln County
PO Box 399, 303 6th St.
Davenport, WA 99122
FAX: (509) 725-4104
Attention Members enrolled in Othello Area 4-H Clubs
Please contact Jeannie Kiehn at 509-754-2011 ext. 4309 for additional local 4-H Scholarship opportunities.