- This event has passed.
Governor’s Summit on Career Connected Learning
May 31, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Washington was one of six state selected by the National Governors Association to participate in an academy, led y the Governor’s Office and the Workforce Board, to identify promising practices, resources, and policies aimed at increasing career-related opportunities in high demand STEM jobs for Washington’s youth.
The Ritzville WSU Extension Office is one multiple sites throughout WA.
It’s free – lunch included – and Registration was requested . . . but we will accept walk-ins!
If you would like to register:
10 am Welcome & Introductions
10:30 Highlight examples of Career Connected Learning
11:00 Connect via webinar to Redmond Summit Site:
· Welcome/introduction: Eleni Papadakis, Workforce Board
· Superintendent Chris Reykdal, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
· Martin Simon, National Governors Association
· David D. Etzwiler, Siemens Foundation
· Eleni Papadakis, Workforce Board
· Chauncy Lennon, JPMorgan Chase
· Maud Daudon, Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
· Governor Jay Inslee
· Brad Smith, Microsoft
· Perry England, Workforce Board Chair
12:00 Lunch Activity – Facilitated discussion / reflection on the panel discussion
12:20 Afternoon Activity – Discussion about these three questions:
|· What pressing employer and community needs can be addressed with CCL?
· What do you need to start or expand your local CCL efforts?
· What actions can we take to start this work?
1:20 Wrap Up