Get involved today!
1095 Skagit Coalition Coordinator
The 1095 Skagit: Child Nutrition Coalition meets every fourth Tuesday of the month from 1:00pm – 2:30pm, with the exception of holidays.
The next coalition meeting is on Tuesday, January 22nd, from 1:00 PM to 2:30 pm. Location to be determined.
Like us on 1095 Skagit Facebook to keep up-to-date on 1095 Skagit meetings and activities.
Sign-up for the 1095 Listserv to receive regular updates on Child Nutrition in Skagit County.
There are four target areas which are addressed at monthly coalition meetings:
- Maximizing Existing Program Usage
- Healthy Food Choices within Institutional Programs
- Access to Healthy Food at Home and Play
- Knowledge/Skills for Food Preparation
We are also expanding our focus on four outcomes based on the logic model developed in the past 12-18 months:
- All pregnant women, infant,s and young children have a healthy, balanced diet.
- Young children have healthy food available in early learning and childcare programs.
- All children have healthy, balanced and appealing meals at school and throughout the summer; and eat healthy snacks and meals in after school programs.
- All children and families have access to healthy, affordable food, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, in their communities.
If you would like to take a survey regarding becoming involved with the group in one of these four areas, please visit this link!