The Snohomish County 4-H Natural Resources Program is a club-based program that uses the Youth/Adult partnership model for youth development. This program runs activities in boating, hiking, marine sciences, salmon tours, wildlife identification, and national contests including the Wildlife Habitat Evaluation Program and the National Forestry Invitational. The 4-H Natural Resource Goals are:
- To encourage skill development in a variety of outdoor activities.
- To enhance the development of self-confidence, character and personal growth.
- To expose participants to lifelong activities related to environmental stewardship.
- To strengthen families through participation in lifelong learning activities.
- To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship, and ethical behavior.
- To promote active involvement with “hands-on” activities
- To teach safe and responsible behaviors in all activities.
2018-2019 Natural Resources Calendar (pdf)
Requirements for joining:
- Willingness to work under guidance of certified volunteer leaders.
- Enrollment in 4-H and in specific discipline.
- Willingness to make a commitment to safety, youth and personal responsibility and learning.