- This event has passed.
Prepare to Preserve – Cancelled
March 21 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$75
A series of five lessons* for the in-home consumer who wants to learn about food preservation and food safety.
CLASS CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF REGISTRANTS
WSU Extension – 222 N. Havana, Spokane
Wednesday evenings from 5:30- 7:30 p.m.
March 21 through April 25, 2018 (no class 4/4)
Cost: $75 for the series
Register: Online or download prepare to preserve registration-form
- Introduction to Home Food Preservation – March 21, 2018 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Causes and Prevention of Food-borne Illness– March 28, 2018 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Spoilage and Canning Basics– April 11, 2018 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Canning Naturally Acid Foods – Boiling Water Canning – April 18, 2018 5:30–7:30 PM
- Canning Low Acid Foods – Pressure Canning– April 25, 2018 5:30–7:30 PM
*Completing this series prepares the home canner for the canning season. This class is designed for beginning food preservationists as well as veterans who want to update their knowledge and skills. These lessons provide the most current USDA approved food preservation recommendations. After successful completion of the five-class series, participants will be invited to future hands-on preservation sessions.