Ongoing Trainings for Adult Volunteers
- 4-H Volunteer Orientation is required for either adult volunteers who are new to the 4-H program or parents/others involved in the 4-H program who are stepping up and officially volunteering. Check the events calendar for upcoming dates and register with the 4-H office.
- 4-H Club Management is a workshop for adult volunteers who lead or assist with the management of a 4-H club or want to start a new club. Check the events calendar for upcoming dates and register with the 4-H office.
- Preserve the Taste of Summer costs $25 for eight online lessons. This certification is required for 4-H Leaders offering the 4-H Food Preservation Project. Register at http://PreserveSummer.cahnrs.wsu.edu.
Thurston County 4-H Council Meetings
Adult volunteers, leaders, parents, teens and community members are welcome to attend. Meetings are held the second Tuesday of most months at the WSU Extension office. Call or check the calendar of events for more information.
Upcoming Adult Training
2019 Level 2 Western Heritage
National 4‐H Shooting Sports Workshop
MAY 20-23, 2019
APPLICATION / REGISTRATION FORM
REGISTER SOON – LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS
A national level 4-H Western Heritage training is scheduled for May 20-23, 2019 in Bozeman, Montana. This training will certify adult leaders to serve as statewide instructors in their home state. Due to the newness of Western Heritage to many states, participants are not required to have previous Western Heritage experience. Experience in some shooting sports discipline, however, is preferred.
The training begins Monday evening, May 20, with an opening session and concludes Thursday evening, May 23, with a closing session. The registration fee of $385.00 (double occupancy) / $525 (single occupancy) includes 4 nights lodging Monday – Thursday nights (fee based on two per room), hotel breakfast; Lunch & Dinner Tues-Thur; accident insurance and instructor materials. All firearms and ammunition are provided.
Please pass this information along to anyone in your state who may be interested. Enrollment is limited to twenty participants. An application is attached with a deadline of May 1, 2019.
4-H Summer 4-Kids
June 25-28, 2019
4-H Teen Summit
June 28 – 30, 2019
Fall: October 9 – 20
Contribute during our 2019 fundraisers by:
1) Donating in store at the register. Click here for the store locator.
2) Donating online at checkout when making a purchase on tractorsupply.com. (Donations will be assigned to states based on the shipping location).
3) Donating by phone when you call TSC Customer Solutions at 877-718-6750