COVID-19 Resources for the 4-H Youth Development Community
Talking with Kids about Coronavirus for the 4-H Community
Children need your reassurance. They also need factual, age-appropriate information. To help with the messages to share with the children you are caring for, check out these resources:
- Child Mind: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- Just for Kids, A Comic (and a 3-minute listen) – Exploring the new Coronavirus from National Public Radio
- Answering Your Child’s Questions During the Coronavirus from ZERO TO THREE:
- National Association of School Psychologists: Comprehensive resource (also available in Spanish, Amharic, Chinese, Korean, French, Vietnamese) for talking to children about COVID-19 is available.
- Multilingual Coloring Book for Explaining Coronavirus: This short book is available in 11 languages and offers a place for children to express their feelings about the coronavirus and how it affects their families. It explains what the virus is and how children can help stop its spread. Download a copy.
- Generations United’s Vaccination Discussion Guide for Families has helpful information and strategies for family conversations.
- Talking with Children: Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers During infections Disease Outbreaks (pdf)
- Pardon this Interruption: Flexibility for Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Generations United: COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Grandfamilies and Multigenerational Families (pdf)
More information can be found at the Extension 4-H Youth Development Program website.