Deadline: All current WSU Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated or exempted before they engage in active volunteer work after October 18th. For more information, visit Extension Volunteer Vaccination Deadline and Resources
Nationally, Extension leadership is currently engaged in ongoing discussions with CDC staff aimed at expanding the role of the Cooperative Extension System in immunization education and vaccine uptake.
There is an ongoing need to:
- Build knowledge, confidence, and participation in COVID-19 vaccinations;
- Share information about vaccine eligibility and access; and
- Promote continued personal and public health measures (like handwashing, face coverings, and physical distancing).
Washington State University Resources
Vaccine uptake amidst COVID-19 information and disinformation: Research and applications
Dr. Erica Austin, Professor and Director, WSU Murrow Center for Media & Health Promotion Research, presents “Vaccine uptake amidst COVID-19 information and disinformation: Research and applications”
Washington State University recently launched a series of videos covering COVID-19 vaccinations, hosted by Guy Palmer. You can find each video linked and embedded below.
Watch the videos
COVID-19 vaccine basics
Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe?
I’ve received the vaccine. Now what?
How do vaccines work?
Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention
- Community-Based Organizations COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit: Educating Communities on the Importance of COVID-19 Vaccines
- Materials in multiple languages
- Digital and Print flyers, posters, PSA Scripts, fact sheets, infographics
- Printable Stickers
- Social Media Resources – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Essential Workers (Essential workers include police officers, firefighters, agriculture, fisheries, and people working in education, child care centers, and grocery stores.)
- Vaccinate with confidence campaign
- Resources – Conversation Starter guide, Information guides, Checklist for community assessment, etc.
- Communication Toolkits
- And other resources
WA State Department of Health (DOH) Resources
- Partner Toolkit
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Questions and Answers
- Fact Sheets
- Radio Scripts
- All in multiple languages
- The Washington State COVID-19 Assistance Hotline is a general information line related to COVID-19.
- If you need information or have a general question, call 1-800-525-0127, then press #
- You can also text the word “Coronavirus” to 211-211 to receive information and updates on your phone wherever you are. You will receive links to the latest information on COVID-19, including county-level updates, and resources for families, businesses, students, and more.
- WA State Tree Fruit Association – COVID-19 Vaccine
- Facts Not Fear: Understanding the COVID-19 Vaccine – Resources for Indian Country
If you need additional information or have questions regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination Education resources, please contact Dr. Yadi Olivera Guerrero at firstname.lastname@example.org.