NOTE: This page will be updated as more information and resources become available. Updated 1/11/21
Below we have provided an update on available resources and will continue to update this daily.
US Small Business Administration Disaster Loans Announced
On January 6, 2022 the U.S. Small Business Administration announced the availability of low-interest federal disaster loans for businesses and residents in Clallam, Skagit, and Whatcom County.
Press release of the announcement
Current River Conditions
This is a primary source of information from Whatcom County and allows you to subscribe to updates.
360-778-8000. Can assist with animal mortality disposal.
Doesn’t need disaster declaration
- NAP – Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program – If they have noninsured coverage – helps with crop production losses, need to report damage within 15 days
- TAP – Tree Assistance Program – financial assistance for replanting of dead trees, blueberries or raspberry plants
- LIP – Livestock Indemnity Program – covers livestock death
Needs disaster declaration
- ELAP- Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program – covers livestock death losses
- ECP- Emergency Conservation Program – helps rehabilitates farmland/pasture from flood damage, cost share program
- EM Loan – Emergency Loan Program – Restore physical damage, 30% crop production loss, up to $500,000, can’t get financing from other lending sources.
- WHIP – Wildfire and Hurricane Indemnity Program – additional disaster appropriations, Congress has to approve the funds.
WSU Extension publication
360-592-6115. Offers programs to re-build agricultural infrastructure if a declaration of emergency is made.