During drought conditions and wildfire season, WSU Extension is dedicated to assisting with both the short- and long-term recovery needs of our communities.
Current drought information
Dealing with drought
- Drought Tolerant Landscaping for Washington State – Create a drought-tolerant landscape this fall. This 19-page publication is hot-off-the press and filled with information you need to get started on your drought tolerant landscape. Find information on plant selection, soils, hardscaping, efficient irrigation and more. Plan your garden now, but hold off planting until the drought is over, since new plantings require a lot of water.
- Watering Home Gardens and Landscape Plants – Find watering tips in this short WSU Drought Advisory publication.
- Residential Water Use Efficiency – Learn more about residential water conservation on this website from the Washington Department of Health.
- WaterSense Calculator – Use the water calculator to determine how efficiently you are using water.
- Use it Wisely – Tips, fun games for kids, posters and more.
For more resources on dealing with drought conditions, check out the Drought, Conservation and Irrigation page in this website for more resources to help you manage water in your home and garden and on your farm.