Current drought information
- Columbia Basin Forecast – Interactive workshops June 8 & 17, 2021.
- Drought Information Website – Drought response, funding, and current conditions from the Washington Department of Ecology.
- Office of the Washington State Climatologist – Climate information, state records, more.
- AgWeatherNet – Current and historical weather data from WSU’s automated weather station network.
- River Flow Monitoring Network – Real-time stream flows for Washington rivers and streams.
Dealing with drought
- Drought Tolerant Landscaping for Washington State – Create a drought-tolerant landscape this fall. This 19-page publication is hot-off-the press and filled with information you need to get started on your drought tolerant landscape. Find information on plant selection, soils, hardscaping, efficient irrigation and more. Plan your garden now, but hold off planting until the drought is over, since new plantings require a lot of water.
- Watering Home Gardens and Landscape Plants – Find watering tips in this short WSU Drought Advisory publication.
- Residential Water Use Efficiency – Learn more about residential water conservation on this website from the Washington Department of Health.
- Home water saving tips – Use the water calulator to determine how efficiently you are using water.
- Use it Wisely – Tips, fun games for kids, posters and more.
For more resources on dealing with drought conditions, check out the Drought, Conservation and Irrigation page in this website for more resources to help you manage water in your home and garden and on your farm.
Fire updates from Washington DNR – the latest news on this fire season.
WSU’s Wildfire Recovery website has resources and information for those affected by fire.
Firewise – Protect your home from wildfire.