How to build a rain garden
Congratulations for thinking of building a rain garden!
A great first step is to watch this 5 minute video: Building a Rain Garden in the City and learn why, where and how to build a rain garden.
Next, download the free Rain Garden Handbook for Western Washington. The handbook will help you design, install and maintain your rain garden. Be sure to check out where and where not to build your garden. Not every place is suitable.
We want your garden to look good and function beautifully.
- Rain Garden Handbook for Western Washington
- 12000 Rain Gardens website presented by Stewardship Partners for comprehensive rain garden info.
- Video: Building a Rain Garden in the Pacific Northwest – A 32 minute video detailing how to build a rain garden.
- Catching Rain factsheet on rain-garden-construction – A checklist for constructing your rain garden.
- Catching Rain factsheet – rain garden construction sequencing – The order of constructing your rain garden.
- Catching Rain factsheet – rain garden maintenance – Key maintenance tips for your new rain garden.
Rain Garden Events and Locations
To learn about events and find rain gardens in your area visit the 12000 Rain Gardens website where you can click on an interactive map.
If you have more questions please contact your County Extension rain garden expert.