How to build a rain garden
Congratulations for thinking of building a rain garden!
Your first step is to download the free Rain Garden Handbook for Western Washington. The handbook will help you design, install and maintain your rain garden. Be sure to check out where and where not to build your garden. Not every place is suitable.
We want your garden to look good and function beautifully.
- Rain Garden Handbook for Western Washington
- 12000 Rain Gardens website presented by Stewardship Partners for comprehensive rain garden info.
- Video: Building a Rain Garden in the Pacific Northwest – A 32 minute video detailing how to build a rain garden.
- Catching Rain factsheet on rain-garden-construction – A checklist for constructing your rain garden.
- Catching Rain factsheet – rain garden construction sequencing – The order of constructing your rain garden.
- Catching Rain factsheet – rain garden maintenance – Key maintenance tips for your new rain garden.
Register your rain garden
Once you’ve built your rain garden, visit the 12000 Rain Gardens website to register your rain garden and join the countdown toward the goal of 12,000 rain gardens in Puget Sound by 2106. Be sure to check out the interactive map.
If you have more questions please contact your County Extension rain garden expert.