Skip to main content Skip to navigation

2021 Flood Support Page

NOTE: This page will be updated as more information and resources become available. Updated 1/11/21

Below we have provided an update on available resources and will continue to update this daily.

US Small Business Administration Disaster Loans Announced

On January 6, 2022 the U.S. Small Business Administration announced the availability of low-interest federal disaster loans for businesses and residents in Clallam, Skagit, and Whatcom County.

Press release of the announcement





Fact Sheet



Current River Conditions



Berry Crops and Flooding Guide
Whatcom County Division of Emergency Management


Whatcom County News Flash (Civic Engage)

This is a primary source of information from Whatcom County and allows you to subscribe to updates.

General Flood Information from Whatcom County
Whatcom County Department of Health

360-778-8000. Can assist with animal mortality disposal.

Flooding in Whatcom County: What to do Before, During, and After a Flood


Farm Services Agency Information

Doesn’t need disaster declaration

  • NAP – Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program – If they have noninsured coverage – helps with crop production losses, need to report damage within 15 days
  • TAP – Tree Assistance Program – financial assistance for replanting of dead trees, blueberries or raspberry plants
  • LIP – Livestock Indemnity Program – covers livestock death

Needs disaster declaration

  • ELAP- Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program – covers livestock death losses
  • ECP- Emergency Conservation Program – helps rehabilitates farmland/pasture from flood damage, cost share program
  • EM Loan – Emergency Loan Program – Restore physical damage, 30% crop production loss, up to $500,000, can’t get financing from other lending sources.
  • WHIP – Wildfire and Hurricane Indemnity Program – additional disaster appropriations, Congress has to approve the funds.
Flood Relief for Businesses
Property damaged by flooding may qualify for a reduction in assessed value
FEMA Preliminary Disaster Assessment Guide
WSDOT Contact Information
Feeding Livestock During and After a Disaster

WSU Extension publication


How You Can Help With the Flood Response
Farm Service Agency

360-592-6115. Offers programs to re-build agricultural infrastructure if a declaration of emergency is made.

Whatcom County Community Foundation

Taking donations