There are three age groups, Juniors (ages 8 to 10 years old), Intermediates (ages 11 to 13 years old), Seniors (14 to less than 19 years of age). Within each group are three categories for different types of presentation/demonstration: Agriculture, Family Science, and Miscellaneous. Primary 4-H’ers may participate but will not be judged. For guidelines or tips please click on the below links:
- EM4788E, Public Presentations, Demonstrations, and Illustrated Talks
- EM4787E, Getting To The Point: How to do a 4-H Presentation
- Yakima County 4-H Public Presentations Guide
- Public Presentation / Demonstration Scoresheet
Three contests held at the State 4-H Fair in Puyallup: Individual Demonstrations, Team Demonstrations and Public Speaking for Seniors. One entry in each lot per County. Special score sheets used at Puyallup. Click on the below links for more information and guidelines.
- National Equine Public Presentations Rules & Regulations
- National Equine Individual/Team Presentation Scoresheet
- 4-H National Equine Public Speaking Contest Scoresheet
Yakima County Guide 4-H Public Presentation
Upper Valley – March 16, Contact Chairperson Diane Jones (509) 833-3175 to schedule presentations
Central Valley – Contact Chairperson Barbara Harrer (509) 848-2883 to schedule presentations.
Lower Valley – March 10, 5:30 pm-6:30 pm, Sunnyside Library, Contact Chairperson Robin Scott (509) 839-4937
County Public Presentation Days – Marchy 20, 4:00 pm-8:00 pm, March 21, 9:00 am-12:00 PM, WSU Yakima County Extension Conference Room, 2403 S 18th Street, Union Gap, Contact: Bonnie Abercrombie or Jenny Loyd 574-1600
Central Washington State Fair Trophy Contest: Top two Juniors, top two Intermediates and top two Seniors (from County Public Presentations in each area of competition (Agriculture, Family Living, Miscellaneous) will participate int he CWSF Demonstration Trophy contest.