Welcome to the Wahkiakum 4-H parent page.
Wahkiakum 4-H is a 100 year-old collaboration of Washington State University Extension staff, county government, volunteers, youth and families. They all work together to develop young people into productive citizens engaged in positive change, meeting the needs of a diverse and changing society. 4 H youth development education creates supportive environments for all youth and families to reach their fullest potential, with goals of:
- providing formal and non-formal experiential learning,
- developing skills that benefit youth throughout life,
- fostering leadership and volunteerism in youth and adults,
- strengthening families and communities,
- employing research based knowledge and the land grant university system, and embracing and expanding the traditions of the 4-H Youth program.
4 H Clubs
A person who is 5 years old and in kindergarten may join 4 H and be a member through the 12th grade.
4 H has special programs and activities for the following age groups:
- Primary: K-2nd grades
- Junior: 3rd-5th grades
- Intermediate: 6th-8th grades
- Senior: 9th – 12th grades
In Wahkiakum county, we have a variety of clubs; with projects including animals, gardening, crafts, cooking, and robotics and technology.
If you are looking for a club please contact the WSU Wahkiakum County Extension office 795-3278.
Our fair takes place in Skamokawa, Wa, at the county fairgrounds. The fair is the third weekend of August.