4-H is the nation’s largest youth development organization. 4-H reaches out to kids and their families to build skills for real life. There are over a hundred different hands-on projects offered. Contact your county extension office to learn how you can become a part of 4-H!
Head, Heart, Hands, and Health are the four H’s in 4-H, and they are the four values members work on through fun and engaging programs.
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
Washington State 4-H Youth Development education creates supportive environments for all youth and families to reach their fullest potential. This will be accomplished through a systemic approach of foundation and mission driven science to meet our goals to:
- provide formal and non-formal experiential learning,
- develop skills that benefit youth throughout life,
- foster leadership and volunteerism in youth and adults,
- build internal and external partnerships for programming and funding,
- strengthen families and communities,
- employ research based knowledge and the land grant university system, and
- embrace and expand the traditions of the 4-H Youth Program.
A world in which youth and adults learn, grow and work together as catalysts for positive change.
Washington State University 4-H Youth Development is developing young people to become productive citizens who are engaged in positive change, meeting the needs of a diverse and changing society.
Want to show support for 4-H wherever you go? You can purchase a 4-H license plate for your car! $28 of each license fee goes to support 4-H in Washington. Click here for more information: WA DOL
Plates can be made with a custom message for a personal touch!
Learn more about the History of 4-H through a Historical Timeline.
Watch this video to learn more about 4-H: