The Master Recycler Composter (MRC) Volunteer Program is a collaboration between Washington State University Extension and the Lewis County Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Division.
MRCs are volunteers who care about the environment, Lewis County, and its citizens and are passionate about topics like:
- Recycling and composting
- Re-using or re-purposing items
- Reducing food waste
- Raising community awareness about environmental issues
- Volunteering at special events, such as Christmas Tree Recycling
MRC volunteers are trained on how to reduce waste and increase public awareness about reducing, recycling, and composting in Lewis County. Please click here to read a volunteer job description.
Volunteers give back by supporting the program and community through public workshops and events, youth outreach, demonstration sites, educational tours, and other activities.
Learn more at this link to the MRC Training Brochure. If you are interested in becoming an MRC volunteer, please fill out and submit the membership application at this link.
Contact the WSU Lewis County Extension Office:
- Office Address: 17 SW Cascade Ave., Chehalis, WA 98532
- Mailing Address: Lewis County Historic County Courthouse, 351 NW North Street, Chehalis, WA 98532
- Contact Person: Jason Adams, program coordinator
- Phone Number: 360-740-1216
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org