Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Noxious Weed Control

Program Contact: Patricia Grover, Program Coordinator
(360) 427-9670 ext. 592 •

County Noxious Weed Control programs are responsible for identifying and working with landowners in controlling noxious weeds within their counties. Currently, a State Weed List is designated by the Washington State Noxious Weed Control Board.

Each County Weed Board has the flexibility to address local weed control priorities. Developing a annual Mason County Noxious Weed List from the State Class A and B designates and then choosing from the rest of the State B & C lists can most effectively target weed invasions on a local level. By controlling noxious weeds landowners protect life and health, improve habitat for fish and wildlife, maintain native plant communities and minimize the impacts to agriculture production. All state listed noxious weeds are non-native plants that have been introduced to Washington through human actions.

Flowering tansy ragwort

County field staff are available for community education programs and consultations with land owners to discuss weed management options including measures to prevent the establishment of noxious weeds on their own property.

Contact your County Weed Board Office for more information:

Mason County contact:
Mason County Noxious Weed Control Board
Patricia Grover, Coordinator
303 N 4th Street
Shelton, WA 98584
(360) 427-9670 ext. 592