Welcome to the Washington State University Youth and Families Program Unit!
Faculty and staff focused on youth and family issues and challenges provide statewide leadership to promote education, connection to resources and collaborations that create an environment where individuals of all ages can thrive in richly diverse communities across Washington state.
Faculty and staff in the Youth and Families Program Unit draw upon research-based programs and resources from the University. Working in the human sciences, they incorporate local knowledge gained from living in the communities and engaging people, organizations, and communities to advance economic well-being and quality of life.
Major programs within the Youth and Families Program Unit include:
- 4-H Positive Youth Development
- Nutrition, health, and wellness education
- Consumer food safety and food preservation
- Strengthening Families, parenting, and child development
- Financial Literacy
Doreen Hauser-Lindstrom, Program Unit Director
- Linda Loos, Administrative, Operations, and Personnel Manager
- Nancy Deringer, State 4-H Associate Director
- Catalina Aragon, Interim State EFNEP Program Leader
- Jana Ferris, State Volunteer Development Specialist
- Stephanie Smith, State Consumer Food Safety Specialist
- Lee Anne Riddle, State SNAP-Ed Administrative Manager