This annual award recognizes an employee for exceptional service and commitment to food safety and sanitation within their company. The recipient of the award shows exemplary commitment to food safety and goes above and beyond the required job duties to build a food safety culture.
Criteria for the Award Selection:
- Has the basic knowledge and training in food safety and sanitation, required to perform their job.
- Goes above and beyond their job responsibilities in ensuring the high commitment for the food safety and sanitation.
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to food safety and sanitation.
- Is proactive in helping the team build the culture of food safety.
- Is a model employee of the company.
- Has great potential to be a leader and a positive influence in their area of work.
- Facility is located in the USA.
- Deadline for submissions is September 30, 2022 by midnight.
- Nominees are expected to attend the workshop.
- A Plaque and $500 monetary award will be presented at the Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop to award recipient.
- Award recipient is highly encouraged to attend the workshop to receive the award.
- Award winner registration fee will be waived for the Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop.
- All nominees will be acknowledged at the workshop.
Only one line worker employee from a facility can be nominated for the award.
A cover letter, completed nomination form, and one letter of reference should be included with the nomination as PDFs.
The reference letter should be from somebody who has observed the employee in their role related food safety and sanitation.
The steering committee will review all the applications and select the awardee.
The Line Worker Award nomination has closed. Please contact Cathy Blood, email@example.com, if you have any questions.
Juan Bobadilla is a the 2019 LWA Winner! Juan is a sanitation worker at Pacific Seafood for over 12 years.
2018 Line Worker Award Winner, Richard Lane. Richard works at the Pacific Seafood at Woodland, WA Ready-to-Eat facility.
2017 Line Worker Award Winner – Rosalinda Garces from LambWeston – Quincy. She is the second recipient of the Annual Line Worker Award.
2016 Line Worker Award Winner – Armondo Haro works at Borton Fruit located in Yakima, WA. He is the first recipient of the Line Worker Award.