When canning home preserved foods, use research-based, laboratory tested, up-to-date recipes from the resources in WSU Extension publications. Browse all home canning recipes and instructions from the WSU Extension Publications website.
Please follow the directions carefully, including the correct use of water bath and pressure canners, then date and store home preserved foods no more than 12 months between 50–70 degrees F. Make sure you avoid direct sunlight for your products.
Find the facts on COVID-19 and scientifically sound best practices for keeping your family safe by visiting the WSU Consumer Food Safety website.
- WSU Food Safety Program – https://foodsafety.wsu.edu/
- National Center for Home Food Preservation – http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/
- Food Preservation National Presto – www.gopresto.com
- Ball – www.freshpreserving.com
- Food Safety & Inspection Service – www.fsis.usda.gov
- Food & Nutrition Center – www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/
- Making your own labels – www.myownlabels.com