Washington State University Jefferson County Extension supports a vibrant and visionary food and farming sector in Jefferson County.
Our county-based educators leverage the broad resources of a major university to resolve issues and create a positive future for the residents of Jefferson County.
Our local food and farming programs have supported successful development of:
- Organic farming practices that build healthy environments for humans and animals
- Value-added food products
- Port Townsend Farmer’s Market: Open until late December
- Chimacum Farmer’s Market: Open until late December
- Integrated Pest Management minimizing the use of pesticides
- Salmon friendly farming
- Conservation of working lands, including farms, forests and historical vistas and locations
Kellie Henwood, Small Farms Coordinator email@example.com
Do you have a livestock question?
The WSU Livestock Advisors now have a hotline you can call toll-free 24 hours a day. Call 360-428-4270 x240
Do you have a food safety question?
The WSU Food Safety program has a number you can call toll-free 24 hours a day. Call 1- 855-335-0575 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to WSU Agriculture Newsletter
WSU Extension Regional Small Farms Program offers a free newsletter. Subscribe and keep up to date about agricultural programming, local and regional events/workshops, farm resources, job opportunities and more!
To subscribe, email your first and last name and the county you reside in to Kellie at email@example.com.