Some WSU Extension web sites provide links to external sites for the convenience of users. These external sites are not managed by the WSU Extension. Furthermore, WSU Extension does not review, control or take responsibility for the content of these sites, nor do these sites implicitly or explicitly represent official positions and policies of WSU Extension.
- An Introduction to Cavity-Nesting Bees in the Puget Sound Region – WSU. FS293E. 2018
- Native Pollinators – Great links from the Strathcona Beekeepers Assoc. Mostly honey bees.
- Native Bees, Solitary Bees and Wild Bees: What are they? – U. of Minnesota
- Bee Basics: An Introduction to Our Native Bees – A USDA Forest Service and Pollinator Partnership Publication.
- The Biology and External Morphology of Bees– With keys and a synopsis of Northwestern Genera (140 pp.)
- Managing Alternative Pollinators – A Handbook for Beekeepers, Growers, and Conservationists (170 pages)
- Enhancing Nest Sites For Native Bee Crop Pollinators – USDA AgroForestry Notes
- Constructing Backyard Bee Hotels– LSU Ag Center
- Blue Orchard Bee – Utah State University Extension
- Gardening and Landscaping Practices for Nesting Native Bees – Utah State University.
- Wild Bee Conservation – Xerces Society. Habitat, nesting, plants, protection.
- Bumble Bee Links
- Orchard Mason Bees (see the links at the bottom of the OMB page for additional information)
- How to Reduce Bee Poisoning from Pesticides – Oregon State University
- Pollinator Conservation Resources – Pacific Northwest Region – Xerces Society
- Farming for Bees: Guidelines for providing habitat– Xerces Society
- How to Manage the Blue Orchard Bee – A SARE puplication
- Pollinators – WSU Western Washington Tree Fruit & Alternative Fruits (some dead links)
- Pacific Northwest Insect Management Handbook – Bee Protection
- Trap-Nesting Wasps and Bees: Life Histories, Nests and Associates – K. Krombein, 1967