2019 Composting Workshops
Presented by certified Master Recycler Composter volunteers of Thurston County.
No pre-registration needed.
All workshops are FREE.
Questions please call our Rot line at 360-867-2163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to download the 2019 Composting Workshop Flier.
Directions to Our Composting Demonstration Gardens
Directions to Dirt Works Demonstration Garden: (Open April-October)
- From I-5 take HWY 101 towards Shelton. Get off at Black Lake Blvd. exit and at the bottom of the ramp turn right. Get in your left lane and make a left onto Cooper Point Road. Follow this until you reach Capital Mall Drive. Make a left onto Capital Mall Drive and follow it until you see Alta Street. Turn right onto Alta Street. Follow this road into the park and drive through the parking lot until it ends. The garden entrance is located at the end of the parking lot.
- If you use Google Maps or Map Quest place the words “Yauger Park, Olympia WA” into the search box to see an area map.
Directions to Closed Loop Park Demonstration Garden: (Open year round, same time as the Waste and Recovery Center)
- Located just inside the Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center entrance at 2418 Hogum Bay Road in Lacey (Hawk’s Prairie).
- Traffic Delays & Detours Near Facility Entrance
Due to construction, all Marvin Rd. traffic from the Southbound I-5 Exit 111 will be detoured along Hogum Bay Rd. This detour will significantly impact traffic at the entrance to Waste & Recovery Center Facilities April-June 2019. Traffic heading to Waste & Recovery Center Facilities from Marvin Rd. will access Hogum Bay Rd. via Willamette Dr. NE. Traffic on the Marvin Rd. overpass during this time will also be reduced to one lane each way. Additional information about WSDOT SR 510 Interchange Reconstruction Project is available at I5exit111.com
- Once you are at Waste and Recovery Center entrance follow the road in and make your first right into the parking lot. This lot is for garden and dog park visitors. Closed Loop Park demonstration garden is all the greenery adjacent to the parking lot and to the left of the dog park entrance. Composting workshops are held in the composting area next to the gazebo. The gazebo is located on the opposite end of the dog park entrance.
Directions to Olympia Farmers Market Demonstration Garden: (Open year round)
- Located on the East side of the Market on the North end of Capitol Way in downtown Olympia.