2020 Composting Workshops
IMPORTANT: The March, April, May and June Composting Workshops have been CANCELED. After discussions with our County and WSU Extension Directors, and review of COVID-19 materials distributed by National, State and local County officials it was decided that we would CANCEL our in person March, April, May and June composting workshops.
We hope to offer virtual composting workshops in the future. We will post further information on this site when it becomes available.
Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you at some of our other composting and recycling events later this year.
Presented by certified Master Recycler Composter volunteers of Thurston County.
No pre-registration needed.
All workshops are FREE except for the March 21st date which as a $5 fee.
Questions please call our Rot line at 360-867-2163 or email email@example.com
Click below to download the 2020 Composting Workshop Flier.
Directions to Our Composting Demonstration Gardens
Directions to Dirt Works Demonstration Garden: (Open April-October)
- From I-5 take HWY 101 towards Shelton. Get off at Black Lake Blvd. exit and at the bottom of the ramp turn right. Get in your left lane and make a left onto Cooper Point Road. Follow this until you reach Capital Mall Drive. Make a left onto Capital Mall Drive and follow it until you see Alta Street. Turn right onto Alta Street. Follow this road into the park and drive through the parking lot until it ends. The garden entrance is located at the end of the parking lot.
- If you use Google Maps or Map Quest place the words “Yauger Park, Olympia WA” into the search box to see an area map.
Directions to Closed Loop Park Demonstration Garden: (Open year round, same time as the Waste and Recovery Center)
- Located just inside the Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center entrance at 2418 Hogum Bay Road in Lacey (Hawk’s Prairie).
- Traffic Delays & Detours Near Facility EntranceAdditional information about WSDOT SR 510 Interchange Reconstruction Project is available at I5exit111.com Download the informational flyer
- Once you are at Waste and Recovery Center entrance follow the road in and make your first right into the parking lot. This lot is for garden and dog park visitors. Closed Loop Park demonstration garden is all the greenery adjacent to the parking lot and to the left of the dog park entrance. Composting workshops are held in the composting area next to the gazebo. The gazebo is located on the opposite end of the dog park entrance.
Directions to Olympia Farmers Market Demonstration Garden: (Open year round)
- Located on the East side of the Market on the North end of Capitol Way in downtown Olympia.