2018 Composting Workshops
Presented by certified Master Recycler Composter volunteers of Thurston County.
No pre-registration needed.
All workshops are FREE.
Questions please call our Rot line at 360-867-2163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to download the 2018 Composting Workshop Flier.
Directions to Our Composting Demonstration Gardens
Directions to Dirt Works Demonstration Garden: (Open April-October)
- From I-5 take HWY 101 towards Shelton. Get off at Black Lake Blvd. exit and at the bottom of the ramp turn right. Get in your left lane and make a left onto Cooper Point Road. Follow this until you reach Capital Mall Drive. Make a left onto Capital Mall Drive and follow it until you see Alta Street. Turn right onto Alta Street. Follow this road into the park and drive through the parking lot until it ends. The garden entrance is located at the end of the parking lot.
- If you use Google Maps or Map Quest place the words “Yauger Park, Olympia WA” into the search box to see an area map.
Directions to Closed Loop Park Demonstration Garden: (Open year round, same time as the Waste and Recovery Center)
- Located just inside the Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center entrance at 2418 Hogum Bay Road in Lacey (Hawk’s Prairie).
- From downtown Olympia take I-5 North. Take exit 111, the ramp has two lanes. Stay in the left lane and follow it to the traffic light on Marvin Road. Turn left onto Marvin Road; make sure you are in the right lane. Once you go through the light turn right onto Hogum Bay Road (a Mexican restaurant on this corner). Take the second road into the Waste and Recovery Center entrance. Look for a small “Closed Loop Park” sign on the fence at that intersection. Follow the road in and the garden is located on the right, just past the dog park.
Directions to Olympia Farmers Market Demonstration Garden: (Open year round)
- Located on the East side of the Market on the North end of Capitol Way in downtown Olympia.